Take advantage of this growth opportunity in our Southern California Survey group! Headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water and Government Services markets in California.
We are seeking one Municipal Land Surveyor to join our team in either Los Angeles, Westlake Village, or Santa Barbara area. We provide several California cities with professional surveying services and act as their contract City Surveyor. We specialize and take pride in providing client service at the highest level. We protect the City’s interests in both public and private development, and the cities rely on our knowledge and judgment, appreciating our professional approach.
The ideal candidate for this position is motivated and interested in this career path. Experience with all tasks below are a plus, but this is a unique opportunity for an innovative self-starter to be trained in a supportive environment. This position requires good organizational skills and a desire to provide high quality and timely professional services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviewing various aspects of private development projects which include:
- Review and ultimate approval of tentative maps, final maps, lot line adjustments, mergers, certificates of compliance, and other development related topics
- Review for compliance of State and Local Subdivision Ordinances
- Review for closures
- Review of legal descriptions and exhibits
- Review for dedications and acceptances, etc.
• Daily or weekly correspondence and counseling with a variety of City personnel:
- Real estate issues regarding City-owned rights of way
- Easement versus fee ownership determinations
- Knowledge of the California Streets and Highways codes
- Roadway vacation requirements
- Preparation of legal descriptions
- Exhibits and deeds for acquisition
- Disposition of real estate and easements
• Project management duties include:
- Research of public records, maps and deeds
- Coordinating field acquisition of data
- Other projects assigned
Although the State Subdivision Map Act is the same for each County and City in California, it often manifests itself differently in each jurisdiction. This position provides for an interesting and diverse set of challenges, and you will be responsible for gaining knowledge for each City and maintaining files specific to that City. Understanding, maintaining and updating our well-organized system is an important facet of this role.
• B.S degree in geomatics (similar) or five years of relevant work experience or any acceptable combination of same.
• LSIT is preferred. LS of desire to obtain same is required.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite, Adobe Acrobat
• Working knowledge of Survey software, AutoCAD or MicroStation skills are a plus.
We offer one of the most over-all competitive benefit packages in the industry that includes 100% of each employee’s health, vision, dental and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefit, 401(k) contribution match, tuition reimbursement (for career path), and many other benefits.
We commit to improvement processes with the belief that our employees are our greatest resource. We nurture a culture where each individual’s abilities, experience and style are encouraged, rewarded, valued and shared in a way that strengthens the overall outcome of each discipline. On a personal level, we host annual events and encourage other activities for FUN and to serve the community!
We make a difference in people’s lives every day. Our commitment to steady growth has allowed us to confidently celebrate over 55 years of past service as we prepare for 55 more! We look forward to talking to you.
MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.