Take advantage of this leadership opportunity for our Construction Management Transportation group in Los Angeles! MNS provides a solid foundation for an innovative, entrepreneurial, and strategic partner to step in, maintain, and grow our emerging LA presence. Build and maintain client relationships while managing highway, bridge, rail, traffic planning, and other projects related to LA’s growing transportation needs. Enjoy the resources of successful business development and marketing teams to assure your success. Execute and mentor your professional team!
Contact Marylou Pritchard: 805-456-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Confidential inquiries are welcome!
MNS Engineers, Inc. provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water and Government Services markets in California. Visit our website and social media outlets to learn more about our company!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Vice President of CM, prepares and determines strategies for project execution within assigned region.
- Manage contracts and budgets with clients, ensuring profitability of multiple projects while meeting our client’s needs.
- Utilize highly effective communication skills with internal and client staff at multiple levels, including elected officials.
- Work with clients and engineering teams to overcome major obstacles, and modify plans and specifications to optimize construction execution.
- Supervise and direct CM transportation project teams in the assigned region.
- Lead planning and scheduling efforts relating to multiple project integration.
- Guide development of CM sub -programs.
- Determine significant program positioning and proposal efforts.
- Interface with Headquarters and Business Development staff to identify/track business opportunities.
- Engage with local clients to position for upcoming work.
- Support business development activities, including preparation of proposals, interviews, and project contracting/setup across multiple offices.
- Assist with strategic staffing activities and recruitment efforts.
- Monitor and take responsibility for profitability utilizing exceptional Project Management skills and principles.
- Job/Career development, coaching, and mentoring of staff.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- California registered Professional Engineer (PE) license (current).
- CCM desired.
- Valid California Class C driver’s license and an insurable driver’s record required.
- 10 years of Caltrans and transportation industry experience with increasing levels of knowledge, responsibility, project management, and leadership requirements.
- 5 years of experience as an owner’s representative on projects with public funding.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills to lead and mentor junior staff.
- CA Professional Engineer (PE).
- Must have existing contacts and client relationships in the Los Angeles area.
We offer one of the most over-all competitive benefit packages in the industry that includes 100% of each employee’s health, vision, dental and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefit, 401(k) contribution match, tuition reimbursement (for career path), and many other benefits.
We commit to improvement processes with the belief that our employees are our greatest resource. We nurture a culture where each individual’s abilities, experience and style are encouraged, rewarded, valued and shared in a way that strengthens the overall outcome of each discipline. On a personal level, we host annual events and encourage other activities for FUN and to serve the community!
We make a difference in people’s lives every day. Our commitment to steady growth has allowed us to confidently celebrate over 55 years of past service as we prepare for 55 more! We look forward to talking to you.
MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MNS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MNS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.